Old November 20th 04, 07:39 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Shadow_998" wrote in message
news
Dee,
I do have a preliminary HF station set up, but my 706 G is not

transmitting
on HF for some reason. My 80-meter dipole is tuned to flat SWR but no

luck.
I bought the radio new last January and have never transmitted on HF
(obviously). The last time I used 6-meters, it worked fine. It may be
warranty time...

I have other old radios in the closet: Johnson Valiant, Heathkit DX 40

and
RME 4350 receiver, but these need some tech time before putting them on

the
air.

Thanks for the congrats! I feel like an 8 year old kid with a brand new
bicycle!

Russ KG6TDX

See if you can get a more experienced ham to come over and help you. It
could simply be that you don't have something set right. We all pulled that
stunt a time or two or dozen. I've been a ham for 12 years (Extra class)
and just this past Field Day I sat down to take my turn at the radio,
switched to CW, and nothing happened when I tried to transmit. It turns out
that I forgot to set the radio for break-in keying. My only excuse was that
I wasn't used to that radio but I should have checked.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE