Old November 28th 03, 02:17 PM
Nick Marsh

How about putting one of the USAF GHFS stations on 27.185 at 10KW?

Been there, done that, long time ago......

Nick

Steven Onines wrote:
Back when younger, and much dumber...I was a navigator on an EC-135, command
post aircraft. Had a HF control head at my crew station. Could put out
1000 watts on a wire antenna about 200+ feet long. All this at 25,000+
feet.

Wasn't a ham back then but knew that 27185 was CB channel 19.

Yep, I used it. Yes, it did get out just fine. I could 'blanket' an entire
state with one transmission. Every trucker in 300 miles would be on the
channel asking "what was that?"

One guy answered with a conformation that I was 'making the trip'. He said
"I don't even have my antenna connected and your pegging the needle".

"Browning Mark FourA" wrote in message

har har LOL,you didn't really think.............nah cmon

remove SPAMSUCKS to reply