Old November 22nd 04, 03:59 AM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
There are far too many people who use books as bibles ...

Ain't that the truth? I post "1+1=2" and somebody wants a reference.
I just bought "Mathematics From the Birth of Numbers" by Jan Gullberg.
In addition to information on virtually all branches of mathematics,
it gives the history of the branches. It's really interesting.

With lots of hammering I
eventually drove the cork (of a bottle of Premieres Cotes de Bordeaux,
sweet-white), inside the bottle.

At the beer/wine busts at Texas A&M during the 50's, nobody
could ever remember to bring a corkscrew so that's the way
we did it. Sometimes we forgot a bottle opener and used the
bumper of my old '49 Chevvy to open the beer.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp