Old December 8th 03, 02:24 PM
Wayne Redick

"Noah Simoneaux"
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:52:07 GMT, "R. Belcher" wrote:

(snip)
If they're getting four miles range, they are using GMRS radios, not

FRS.
(GMRS shares some channels with FRS, has more power, and requires an
FCC license.)

Do the FCC rules apply in Bosnia?

No they do not.The FCC only covers American States and its maritime
territorial waters.

I'm betting on FRS, 4 miles from sand dune to sand dune, and/or flat
ground..... not a lot of buildings and trees in the desert.....

That would be very good range for FRS. I can't even get 2 miles

line-of-sight
with mine.

Either way, it sounds to me like an absolute security nightmare.

Probably less of a nightmare than not having good commo.