Old November 22nd 04, 11:03 PM
Bob McConnell

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 00:42:57 -0800, "Ed Price"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
. com...
I know this is not exactly the group to post in, but I thought
radio amateurs would have the best ideas for making one's own
antenna. I apologize if this question bothers anybody.

I just spent $800 at an EMC test lab to screen my device for
part 15 compliance. The used a Biconical antenna and a spectrum
analyzer to measure emissions from my device. I was wondering
how inexpensively I could I make my own system for screening?

How hard would it be to make half way decent antenna or antennas that
could listen to a broad spectrum?

Any websites out there have tips on making antennas?

Thanks a lot for your help.
-Mike Dorin

$800 is about 1/2 day of test time at a typical EMC lab. If you got a
conducted emission test, a radiated emission pre-scan in a shielded
enclosure, a diagnosis of the failure, amelioration of the problem, and a
radiated emission test on an OATS, all for $800, I suggest you buy a lottery
ticket tomorrow, cause you're on a roll!

Ed
wb6wsn

Our last test run cost us US$2200. That did not include the
preliminary scans, nor the consulting time to correct the problem
uncovered in them. Just so we could ship three units into Canada.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP