Old December 14th 03, 02:06 PM
K9SQG

Is sailboating dead because we have power boats? Are ocean liners dead because
we have airplanes? Is the bicycle dead because we have automobiles? Do people
stop watching black and white reruns on TV because we have color programs? Do
people stop riding horses because we have cars? Do people stop building hand
crafted furniture because we have power tools? Do people stop going to
libraries because we have the Internet?

Is CW dead?
Should CW be a requirement?
Should we eliminate ham radio because we have cell phones and the Internet?
Should we make it as easy to get a pilot's license as it is to get a ham
license?
Should we make it as easy to get a driver's license as it is to get a ham
license?
Should we make it as easy to get a license to practice medicine as it is to
get a ham license?
Should we make it even easier to get a ham license and still expect orderly
behavior on the air?
Should the FCC's enforcement budget be reduced further and still expect orderly
behavior on the air?
Should ham radio be made narrow rather than allow a broad range of interests?

Just food for thought, not incentive for debate here or elsewhere...