Old December 14th 03, 04:28 PM
ff-paramedic

Spoken like a true no-code tech.

"ergo" wrote in message
news:hPVCb.387233$275.1243513@attbi_s53...
CODE SUCKS
Repeat 1,000,000 times

"K5IN" wrote in message
Yes, and we all learned to walk before we ran? Riding a horse is

still
an approved method of transport the last time I looked. What's to say

that
running isn't a approved method of transport too except for those of

that
are too lazy to do it. CW maybe antiquated but it still serves a

purpose,
if only to motivate the lazy into doing something to gain an end and for
that reason it should be condemned? I think not.

Calculators: they should outlaw the ability to hand write long division

or
multiplication? we could go on forever in this way couldn't we. I

normally
don't respond to these kind of inflammatory statements but this one was

one
I had to write back to as it was so out of bounds. I did it and am of

the
opinion even the most lazy can learn 5 words per minute cw.
"Hamguy" wrote in message
Just because my Great Grandfather had to 'crank start' his car, we

should
ALL have to learn how to do it prior to driving. And his wife had to

use
'crank style' telephone, therefore we ALL should have to master that
technology PRIOR to using a cell-phone just because they did.

Additionally,
we should ALL have to learn the computer language known as 'Basic' or
'Fortran' PRIOR to using a PC because I and so many others had to

learn
it.
And EVERYONE should be required to learn an antiquated mode known as

CW
before they get on HF because some 18th century guy invented it.

Either
catch-up with the times, or get the HELL out of the way! Like it or

not,
CW is TOAST!