Old December 17th 03, 02:00 PM
VE3TMT

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
I've never been cheated on ebay... and have over 500 transactions.

However,
I have been cheated by some in the NG's, whom I have no way to check up on
before I buy from them...

I too have purchased gear from eBay. I have yet to be taken. I always make
a point of talking to the person I am dealing with first. I was however
taken on a trade by a ham in California who offered me a "mint" TS440. I
sure learned my lesson on that one. My latest transaction was a trade on my
TS570 for a very nice TS850 (my second) and everything arrived as promised.
I think you just have to exercise caution. If for any reason the deal
sounds fishy, walk away. I cancelled a bid on eBay and was ripped at by the
seller. I had reservations about what he was offering compared to what he
was selling. I got a negative feedback on eBay for that one. But I had a
good nights sleep.