Old December 17th 03, 04:04 PM
R. Belcher

Amen to that.... I have a guy right now that picked one of my ads from a
trade/sell website and he is in Nigeria (The well-known WEST AFRICA SCAM),
sent me an obviously fake cashier's cheque, several thousand in excess of my
price, wanting me to Western Union several thousand in "overpayment" back to
him. Calling the bank it is supposed to be drawn on nets a slew of
complaints, sighs and comments about how they already have rec'd many of
these fake cheques, one in excess of $800,000....
But since I was aware of the scam in advance, I took advantage of the
moment, am playing the idiot, and I have him running all over the place, to
different offices, etc, to get me to Western Union the money. He (they,
probably) is very committed to what he is doing.
So far I have him to the point of belief, that I've told him I deposited the
cheque (it's pinned on my trophy wall) and the only way to get it now is for
him to give me his bank info for a wire transfer. Last contact, I got the
impression he was going to go set up a new account just for me to send
to......
This is cool... my very own remote-controlled Nigerian scammer..... heh...
He is very "God Bless You" every time we talk, (he calls too... exploiting a
cheap TDD service for the deaf) wanting to know if I am a "trustworthy
Christian" and the like. Man, he is gonna burn!
Just thought I'd share. (SWAP some radio-related info!)

Point is, ANY time you send money to a stranger, you may or may not be
making a donation to their cause.
It's all about doing homework but no matter how well you do, there is always
a bit of risk when it comes to people and money.

rb

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
et...

I got screwed twice on Ebay:

The first time I bought something

The first time I sold something.

I'd have to be an idiot to go back to them.

- Mike KB3EIA -

I've never been cheated on ebay... and have over 500 transactions.

However,
I have been cheated by some in the NG's, whom I have no way to check up on
before I buy from them...