Old November 23rd 04, 06:47 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:14:14 GMT, "Frank"
wrote:

My transmission line model is 100 ft long with 75
segments in each side. It would be interesting to know if EZNEC would
produce the same result.

Hi Frank,

I will try to fill that request. If not soon, eventually.

Were your wires as close as conventional 3-wire zip cord?

No, as explained above they are #24 spaced by 1". Possibly I missed
something there. Is the antenna made from simple 3-wire zip cord?

Yes, by inference from close-up photography at the web site.

Unfortunately NEC cannot model insulated wire, so not sure how that would
effect the model. Is the VF very significant?

EZNEC can accommodate insulation, but I rarely fine tune to that
degree when I am looking at the panorama of SWR sweeps. Really, this
will only nudge things in the single digit percentage range and such
things are swamped from one Ham's situation to another's.

I would offer more likely due to nearby embrace of earth.

Very likely. How high did you place your model? Did you use the
Sommerfeld/Norton grouind model? Probably not really a factor at 30 ft, or
more, above ground.

I placed it at the reported height, 35 feet, that raised the signal
levels 2 S-Units over a similarly mounted G5RV. ;-) I choose one of
two ground models when I work on these things: Perfect, or average,
high accuracy lossy. That height seems to be a commonly reported
value with those who put up wire antennas and have no tower to work
from, so it works for me as an "Everyman's" best.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC