Old November 23rd 04, 08:04 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:47:32 GMT, Richard Clark
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:14:14 GMT, "Frank"
wrote:

My transmission line model is 100 ft long with 75
segments in each side. It would be interesting to know if EZNEC would
produce the same result.

Hi Frank,

I will try to fill that request. If not soon, eventually.

Hi Frank,

I gave this several passes with various segmentations.

The best, flattest response appeared at 400 (total) segments over a
10M length of line of #24 separated by 1". This resulted in a
characteristic 575 Ohm line with a 1.045:1 SWR ripple over the 2 MHz
to 30 MHz band.

When I doubled and then tripled the segments, the low end got a little
whacked out (getting worse as the segments went up).

I was working from many segments down, so I did not lower the count to
your longer segments - maybe tomorrow, I was paying attention to your
(and EZNEC's) advice about segment length equaling line separation.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC