Old December 19th 03, 01:00 AM
AF Four Kilo

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:13:15 GMT, "Marty B."
wrote:

Well to me 73`sss and "HANDLE" reminds me of CB`ers, on the ham bands
and I hate hearing it.

Wrong again. Hams have always said 73s. I have been hearing it on the
ham bands myself since 1963 when I started as an SWL, and you can read
it in the CQ and QST magazines from the 1940s and 50s so I don't know
when you strange campaigners got into this absurd obsession but you
are sadly mistaken.

The CBers say "Seventy-thirds" which is REALLY stupid.

They also say "personal" and some otjher idiotic things,
but hey, why let it ruin your day? If they sound stupid to you, fine.

I often say 73s deliberately just to irk some of you
pedantic Johnny-come-latelys (grin!)