Old December 19th 03, 10:44 PM
Dick

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:29:09 GMT, AF Four Kilo
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:32:50 -0700, Dick
wrote:

It's all pretty simple when you look at the words. 73 is a CW
abbreviation for Best Regards. As no doubt hundreds before me have
pointed out, there is already an "s" at the end of regard. If you
write out 73's, it becomes Best Regards's. If you write that for a
while, instead of 73's, you will come to see how much it butchers the
English language. Regards is already a plural word. To add ('s) to
the end of regards is to pluralize a plural. My high school English
teacher would have a heart attack.

Clearly you didn't read the explanation for when 73s IS appropriate!

By the way it is 73s, NOT 73's

73's means - "The possession of the 73" which make's no sense at all.

Oh, I read it alright. I dismissed as something expressed by someone
who doesn't have a good command of the English language. Pick either
one you want - Regardss or Regards's. Neither are correct.

Dick - W6CCD