Old December 21st 03, 12:01 AM
Ed G.

Don't think you ever took one apart either. I have 4 of them running
, there is NO COMPARISON to a "knock off". The station master (144
Mhz) is a 4 Inch Raydome , 26 foot long with 1/2" tubular dipoles
that are brazed to a center 1/2 trans. It wiegh's almost 40 pounds
and is rated for 90 MPH. It is also a DIRECT GROUND , unlike other
claims like diamond / comet or workman which are DC ground through a
capacitor that "blows apart" on strikes...Get your facts right...

N4ATS

Thanks for the (above) clarification, N4ATS. I was about to make the
same comment to the original poster before you beat me to it. There is
little physical comparison between top-notch commercially constructed
antennas and ham stuff!

Ed WB6SAT