Old January 1st 04, 10:06 PM
Steve Silverwood

On 11 Dec 2003 20:39:20 GMT, Wlegee wrote:

It seams that fa is taking over this web site. If people wanted to bid on items
it seams they would already be on EBAY

1) This isn't a web site, it's a newsgroup.
2) You can always filter out FA: messages, assuming you're using a decent
newsreader, by setting up a rule or a scoring setting to react
appropriately to messages with "FA:" in the subject.
3) In my particular case -- and I'm sure I'm not alone -- I do have some
pre-defined searches set up on eBay for items which I am specifically
seeking, but occasionally something will come up here on
rec.radio.swap which piques my interest, and which I hadn't thought of
searching for beforehand.

So yes, there are benefits to FA: announcements on the newsgroup.

Just a personal observation.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS