Old January 1st 04, 10:21 PM
Steve Silverwood

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:17:27 GMT, N4ATS wrote:

I am unclear as to why some people "bash" ebay. I bought a mint FT-847 ,
FC-20 , Triplexer and a brand new MD-100A8X desk mic all in a package
deal for $800.00 . Sure I had to pay $30 for shipping but I feel this
was a great deal. I received the radio and it was just as stated. It was
mint. I have bought almost ALL of my equipment on eBay. Is there
something I am missing? I think that some of these compainers are just
broke ($$$) and want something to cry about because it is not "given" to
them. Just my 2 cents...

I'm not exactly sure what the cause is for the animosity towards eBay
auction listings. Personally, I think that as long as the auction
announcements are prefaced by "FA:" in the subject, it's not a problem.
Anyone with a halfway-decent news reader can filter them out, either via
a rule or a scoring setting, so it's a mystery to me why it's an issue.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA