Old January 1st 04, 11:01 PM
Mike Coslo

Steve Silverwood wrote:

On 11 Dec 2003 20:39:20 GMT, Wlegee wrote:

It seams that fa is taking over this web site. If people wanted to bid on items
it seams they would already be on EBAY

1) This isn't a web site, it's a newsgroup.
2) You can always filter out FA: messages, assuming you're using a decent
newsreader, by setting up a rule or a scoring setting to react
appropriately to messages with "FA:" in the subject.
3) In my particular case -- and I'm sure I'm not alone -- I do have some
pre-defined searches set up on eBay for items which I am specifically
seeking, but occasionally something will come up here on
rec.radio.swap which piques my interest, and which I hadn't thought of
searching for beforehand.

So yes, there are benefits to FA: announcements on the newsgroup.

Just a personal observation.

Of course! People have to be more considerate of the Ebayers. We can get
used to it, just like we get used to sharing our sidewalks with the
homeless.

- Mike -