Old January 22nd 05, 05:03 AM
Rich Webb

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:38:26 -0600, "Jim Douglas"
wrote:

Anyone use these? Any recommendations good or bad? I am looking at some that
have Scope, Meter, Spectrum Analysis, etc. Are the "multi-use" type PC
scopes any good? I see some that are down around $200-300? which is in my
price range.

Some of them aren't too bad, although in the $200-300 range you'll not
get any record setters. For one data point, though, some of the higher
end scopes do use Windows as their user interface. Check out Tek's
TDS6000B at http://www.tek.com/site/ps/0,,55-14873-INTRO_EN,00.html

For one possiblity closer to your price range, take a look at
http://www.linkinstruments.com/oscilloscope.htm. I have not used their
o-scopes but I have (and use) one of their PC-based logic analyzers.
Been reasonably happy with it.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA