Old January 22nd 05, 07:16 AM

I'd rather have a stand alone scope myself. I don't know how good a
scope you need, but you can find them real cheap if you look around.
IE: hamfests, etc..I have 3 scopes, but the one I use mostly now is a
Kikusui COS 5060. I bought it for $50...It's a 60 mhz scope..It's
no top line scope, but it's quite usable for most of my needs.
I also have an old heathkit scope, which still works, and also an
ancient 60's tube hickock, which was built by tektronics...Has the
plug in tektronics preamps, etc...
But the old tek scope blew a gasket the last time I plugged it in.
I consider it tit's up...The kikusui is pretty modern compared to the
other two... MK