Old November 28th 04, 06:38 AM
Lee Hopper

Warren Bowery wrote:
... My transceiver's noise level increased dramatically...
Warren - KC8YKQ

Warren -

To solve this kind of problem in the real world, you need to eliminate
things one by one.

With the antenna back up in the noise, see what happens when the street
light comes on at dusk - is this when the noise starts? Or is the noise
there before the light turns on?

If it's there without the light, some device in your neighbor's house
may be sending the noise back up the power line. Thermostats, fishtank
heaters, yard lights - the variety of noise sources is impressive.

Could also be loose or rusted connections on the pole/transformer.

You might be able to trace the source with a pocket transistor radio
tuned between stations.

ARRL has some good stuff on interference - have you checked their website?

Would like to hear other opinions on this one - I'm still learning.

73 -

Lee H, NB7F