Old January 19th 04, 10:52 PM
Pete KE9OA

You are a little bit off on that one..............the McIntosh MR78 is the
best FM Dx tuner, bar none. The next best tuner might be the top of the line
Magnum Dynalab, perhaps followed by the Onkyo 9090, the Marantz
10B.................it would be a good idea to do some research, before
using those kinds of superlatives.
As a matter of fact, I don't know if there is any FM tuner on the market
that can handle 12 volts of RF at the antenna input, the way the MR78 does,
or that has that 55dB adjacent channel selectivity. Some of the modded FM
tuners might be able to do do this, once you install the Murata 110kHz
ceramic filters, but still, I don't know if they would achieve the ultimate
selectivity that the crystal filter in the MR78 uses.

Pete

"R. Valentine" wrote in message
om...
RARE Yamaha TX-1000 AM/FM TUNER. A DX-er specialty:
For auction now on ebay (SUN JAN 18 to Sat Jan 24,2004)
Suited to DXers who want to grab weak FM signals other receivers just
can't get. Unmatched by ANY. Selectable bandwith and very fine tuning.
Unbeatable audiophile fidelity as well.