Old January 20th 04, 04:13 PM
richard valentine

Well Pete, I Have An MR78 (photo of it with the TX-1000 on top of it for you
at link: http://www.vtxpress.com/block/tx-mr.jpg
and have side by sided them extensively with rooftop antenna with rotor.
They are both receiving a very marginal signal at 101.1 WCBS NYC, from
Central CT. in the photo. So I have done actual - research. Heres the deal,
The MR78..because it has no remote or presets or precise freq. display, lost
ground to the yamaha. If both were strictly manual tune, I'd give it to the
MR78, not to mention it's beautiful looks. But thats my reasoning. As for DX
signals, theres never been any weakest of weak signal on the MR78 that I
couldnt also get on the TX1000, and vice-versa. They are that closely
matched. I will conceed that perhaps "One Of The Best....." would have been
a better subject header.. and I was considering it, but ... eh'... I will
next time. I do appreciate the feedback. Hope readers enjoy the photo. I
have a great time with both receivers and that classic rotor setup.
rick

"R. Valentine" wrote in message
om...
RARE Yamaha TX-1000 AM/FM TUNER. A DX-er specialty:
For auction now on ebay (SUN JAN 18 to Sat Jan 24,2004)
Suited to DXers who want to grab weak FM signals other receivers just
can't get. Unmatched by ANY. Selectable bandwith and very fine tuning.
Unbeatable audiophile fidelity as well.