Old January 20th 04, 06:03 PM
MR NO SPAM

If I'm not mistaken, they "may" eliminate that class BUT - that only means
they won't test for or issue that class anymore. ANYONE currently holding
such license will continue to hold that class until they upgrade or let it
expire for whatever reason - unless of course the FCC would at some point
make it equivalent to another and make the change themselves. So, if your
license is Advanced and you have to renew it - within the time frame
including the given grace period - and that class has been eliminated,
you'll get another Advanced Class issued to you. That is the way "I"
understood it to be. That is what they did with the others they eliminated.
Go to W5YI or ARRL sites and read through, you should see it there
somewhere. MNS

"Michael Brandt" wrote in message
What happens with all the Advanced Class licensees who worked
hard to get where they are? Do they just become general class or
are they given Extra Class licenses because the tests they had to take
at the FCC field office were harder than the extra class license of today
and and had to pass a higher code test than required today?
I am not familiar with the plan the FCC has but it will be interesting to
see if the advanced class is treated fairly.

KA0PWW in Minneapolis

"Ed G." wrote in message
. ..

Seems to me that they should bump up the current General class to
Advanced class.
This way people who worked hard to get to General will not be locked

in
with the no code
folks. That seems fair?.

They're planning on eliminating the Advance Class license.

Ed WB6SAT