Old January 27th 04, 03:28 AM
Eric Behr

In article ,
PowerHouse CB & Scanner wrote:

"Eric Behr" wrote in message
In article ,

Well, it is the browser. I'm getting that message whenever I use
Safari. Other browsers, even esoteric, show a normal listing (opera
and lynx on Solaris, mozilla). Thanks to everyone who replied. I
sent a query to eBay. Hmmm, interesting...

Apparently it is not "trackable" or "traceable" enough for eBay, so they
won't allow it...

Possibly. But it's curious that my brother can access it just
fine with Safari from Germany. And a colleague to whom I showed
the page said that he'd seen that "error" several times (with
Explorer, so the browser wasn't an issue) while searching eBay
for war memorabilia. So it looks like eBay is indeed preventing
US users from viewing some content. Brave new world.

I sent a query to eBay, but I'm not holding my breath for an
accurate explanation. Again, thanks all for comments and info.

--
Eric Behr | NIU Mathematical Sciences | (815) 753 6727