Old January 28th 04, 09:18 AM
Old School

If you bumped the Generals up to Advanced, you would start a war
because the Advanced users had to take a harder written test.
Remember, they had to work harder for it! Would everyone be happy if
there was just one license class for voice and have a code endorsement
if they passed the code? The last post kind of sounds more effective
than any I have heard in years since all this restructuring stuff
started. Keep all class licenses and just add a + to there license for
CW. Also allow the ones who want to talk voice do so on HF. By the
way, How many CB'rs do you know that can actually afford and expensive
Kenwood rig capable of going down that far anyways?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:48:17 -0500, safemale
wrote:

how about the know General class get made General+
like thay did the tech's
butt let tham do every thing thay are know
no low rf power
kb9yku
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:43:08 GMT, Mark Russo
wrote:

One of these below will get you there...

Seems to me that they should bump up the current General class to
Advanced class.
This way people who worked hard to get to General will not be locked in
with the no code
folks. That seems fair?.

http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/stor.../01/19/1/?nc=1

Click he ARRLWeb: ARRL to Propose New Entry-Level License, Code-Free
HF Access