Old November 29th 04, 05:46 PM
Rick Karlquist N6RK

MailfrmPA wrote:
What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source

of info
on rhombics for the low bands? The comming cold dark nights put me in a

mind
for dreaming of big antennas. For bedtime reading I don't want a lot of
formulas, just nuts and bolts info

K0MB

Rhombics are "big" in the physical sense, but you can the same gain in much
less
space with a Yagi, plus much less sidelobe power. Also, I'm not sure what
you
mean by "low bands". On 160 and 80 meters, you either need verticals or a
lot
of height. A 160 meter rhombic would require 20 to 40 acres of land.

Now are you still sure you want to build rhombics?

Rick N6RK