Old January 31st 04, 08:25 PM
MR NO SPAM

I used to advertise many FS items here a couple years ago when I had my
previous ISP. I did a brisk business. Once E-Bay took hold, sales died. Not
only that, the news groups transformed into major battle grounds rather than
stay on topic. A great distracter. People want to see what is offered, not
filter a bunch of name calling. It got so bad with one such group, I had to
delete it altogether. It has lost its purpose. So, guess what? I went where
the money is. Some one wrote about feed back issues. IF you look at BOTH
peoples feedback, you can usually tell who is being truthful. When I go to
buy on E-bay - which I've found many good deals, I check ALL negatives even
if the person's positives far outweigh the negatives. IF I get an uneasy
feeling, I don't bid. I've not been screwed yet. And as for selling, I have
all positives. I tell it like it is. I hold no gun to anyone's head to buy.
READING THE FINE PRINT, a good communication between parties to answer
concerns goes a long way. I've seen people whine about deals they made - to
the news groups, and post the e-bay number as their evidence. I and others
looked at the article and it was clear, the buyer failed to read what was
said. He whined about things he felt were hidden, when in fact they were
spelled out in black and white. E-Bay is good.. but like anything, even news
group deals, you must use CAUTION. There are MANY out to screw people. The
computer makes it so much easier. Happy buying/selling - whatever your
methods. MNS

"Brian Hill" brianehill@charterDOTnet wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
nk.net...
I personally don't care for eBay - it's a marvelous safe haven for rip

off
artists - con men (those selling "junk" equipment as MINT) - and crooks.

Thats funny. I've been ripped off more in the newsgroups and elseware than
on Ebay. At least on Ebay I can see their feedback.

--
73 and good DXing
RX:

Brian's Radio Universe