Old February 4th 04, 08:20 PM
Bob

I don't see a problem with those guys. In fact, they only occupy one or two
channels and talk about their equalizers without bothering anyone else. Now
and then I listen and chuckle at some of the things they do, but heck it's a
hobby and we are entitled to enjoy it.

There are far worse 'abuses' of ham radio out there. How do you feel about
DX stations using split operations, for instance? How about the foreign
broadcast stations on 40 meters? Jammers and other annoyances on 2 meters?
Profanity, when there are little kids listening? Religious nuts talking
about scriptures? Politics? Contests? Special event stations? Nets with
no purpose other than checking in and out and mentioning the weather?

I could go on. By far, the worst spectrum abusers are the contests. Every
weekend the bands are jammed with jerks giving phony signal reports
(everyone is 59) and leaving no space for ragchews unless one allows himself
to be pushed to a WARC band.

73, Bob