Old December 1st 04, 08:55 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
Cecil, when there are several different power levels at different places in
a circuit, it is entirely up to you how you reference one to another in dB.

Now Reg, that just cannot be true. Otherwise, there would exist no
conventions. It's a simple question: When you tell me that the losses
in a transmission line with reflections are 2 dB, exactly what power
are you referencing those losses against?

Reflected volts - yes!
Reflected current - yes!
Reflected power - NO!

Reflected volts and reflected current existing without any associated
joules/sec???? I've heard of waves without any trace of energy before,
Reg, but I certainly didn't expect to hear miracle metaphysics from you.

Whatever happened to V*I*cos(theta) being power? The power companies
would be surprised to learn that they are not transferring any joules/sec
to their customers. Do you think I can use your argument to get out of
paying my electric bill?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp