Old February 16th 04, 04:36 PM

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:57:40 UTC, "Bill"
wrote:

Unless something has changed dramatically, the shipping for packages isn't
the same at all. The last time I shipped something to Hi many years back (An
old Yaesu 560) I was shocked by the amount that it cost to ship. And UPS
ain't no bargain to begin with!!

Yes? Buyer pays shipping.

Yes, UPS can be expensive when you use their retail stores or
affiliates but one secret is that there are TWO UPS rates. You can
get a lower rate by shopping around or opening your own account.

USPS charges the same once you hit the max.

But, Buyer pays shipping.

I'm guessing that the aging ham population thinks that Alaska and
Hawaii are still Territories.

Well, I've had more trouble doing deals with Florida.