Old December 2nd 04, 12:14 AM
chuck

Just curious, Ken. Your question seems to be about resonance at
different frequencies. Yet your reported measurements were about SWR.
Are you equating minimum SWR with resonant frequency?

Chuck
NT3G

Ken Bessler wrote:
I just put up an inverted V for 30 meters.
I started out with each leg being 24'0". This
gave me a low SWR at 9.5665 mhz which
works out to 229.6 instead of the usual 234/F.

As I trimmed, I decided to keep track of how
much I trimmed and what the nnn/F number
would be. As I got closer to my goal of 10.15,
the number went down, eventually ending up
at 227.28/10.1955=22.292' Also, the 2:1 swr
bandwidth went up - it started at 567 kc and
ended up at 655 kc.

Either way, I got the antenna up and it's working
fine - I'm just curious why the formula for length
and the bandwidth changed as the antenna got
shorter.

Ken KG0WX