Old February 23rd 04, 12:54 AM
MNS

I've lost track of this BPL stuff.. What/who prompted this idea? Is there
"anyone" trying to fight it's approval? Exactly what modes of operation
"may" be affected exactly? I've heard "low band VHF". Does anyone have a
website perhaps aside from the FCC's to read which describes in detail
perhaps who can use this, requirements to do so, where - if any limitations,
etc. A different approach maybe than the FCC shows. I'm sort of wondering,
IF it is to affect low band VHF as I've heard, if that may be the reason
behind trying to shove all the low band VHF stuff in our area up into VHF
high or to the 800s. It would make sense, though "not" given as a reason to
anyone here for doing so. All they say is "their moving up in frequency".
Also, I'm wondering, if in doing this BPL, if there are to be emissions
leakage requirements like the Cable company has. The Power Companies to my
knowledge/memory - have no limitations on leakage but do repair those
problems causing RF interference if brought to their attention. At least in
any experiences I'm aware of. I wonder too, if maybe this may be a good
thing and like all new things, we are skeptical of it. I'd really like to
read much more on it to get familiar with it. I have to wonder about the FCC
at times. Some times, I think they're all a bunch of office workers who know
absolutely nothing of electronics or the effects on the decisions regarding
same. That they are just rubber stamping things for those who yell the
loudest or pay the most money. I used to hold them in high regards, but
anymore... I'm beginning to wonder. And I'm not sure that all can be blamed
on Powell. I think some of it started before his tenure. If memory serves me
correct - in the last year or so, there has been quite a few people moving
around as commissioners there. The deck being pretty actively shuffled. Sort
of makes one wonder why? MNS

"Roland Stiner" wrote in message
Your "Subject" line is a bit mis-leading. The FCC approved a Notice

of
Proposed Rule Making; they did NOT approve BPL,.... just yet.
Ed WB6SAT

If you go by their past track record with Chairman Powell at the helm, it
will be passed!

Roland, NK2U