Old December 2nd 04, 04:51 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Default Oddity of ground mounted antenna's.

Hi Gang

I recently moved from a fairly flat state to one that is mountainous.

In getting to know the local area hams I have visited quite a few this
past year.

Several of them have their ground mounted HF antenna's perpendicular
to the grade of the land rather than vertical. In other words, the
top of the antenna is roughly 90 inches off center toward the downhill
side.

The only reasoning I have received thus far is it works better that
way here. But not everyone adheres to doing it that way, all
commercial antenna's are vertical.

What Gives?

TTUL
Gary