Old March 5th 04, 01:47 PM
Brenda Ann

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:31:23 GMT, "ergo" wrote:

Another reason ebay can be better.

I still haven't figured out the concept of how eBay could be 'better'.
Maybe you could explain it to me.

Dick sent a money order to a ham (he knows who the guy is) and got
scammed.

Why is sending money to who is selling
stuff on eBay any safer, when you have no clue who the seller is?

It seems to me that by making the seller anonymous, it increases the
chances of getting ripped off ten fold.

Because the seller is not anonymous, you can get the full name, address, and
phone number of any buyer or seller that you deal with just for the asking.
This only applies after the auction has closed.

Also, unlike that fellow ham, ebay auctions do offer both buyer and seller
protection, even if it does require jumping through a lot of hoops.. if you
have spent less than $500, you will most likely get all, or nearly all, your
money back.