Old December 2nd 04, 10:14 PM
Richard Clark

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:45:35 -0800, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

I did the experiment using a 30 degree tilt, and found a difference of
1.31 dB at an indicated elevation angle of 30 degrees. That would be at
the horizon, taking into account the ground tilt.

Hi All,

This is a pretty radical slope. The one I lived on was closer to
20-25 degrees and it was (with low brush) a bear to climb (and to fall
without holding a rope for balance). When I do the trig for 30
degrees and stand with my feet one foot apart, shoulders and hips
aligned with the slope, that leaves one foot 7 inches higher than the
other. That's gonna take some stilleto heels. ;-)

That aside for the heartier cragsmen, this also presumes (from EZNEC's
propensity for a flat earth far field model) that the slope is infinte
(or a pretty tall hill indeed). Gee, on that hill everything must be
line of sight anyway! Who needs skip?

But then, no one lives in the valley. :-(

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC