Old August 26th 03, 12:25 AM
Roy Lewallen

Hey, I've got it. It's sort of a "virtual reflection coefficient". Now I
understand fully. Thanks!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

W5DXP wrote:
. . .
The energy analysis on my web page deals only with physical reflection
coefficients. If 'rho' is not a physical reflection coefficient, then
it is the END RESULT of a mathematical calculation and is not the
CAUSE of anything. If a source doesn't "see" a physical impedance
discontinuity, it doesn't "see" anything except forward and reflected
waves. Coherent waves traveling in opposite directions are "unaware" of
each other. Coherent waves traveling in the same direction merge, lose
their separate identies, and become indistinguishable from one another.