Old March 16th 04, 04:48 AM
Ed G

The trick with Windows 95 on floppies is that you will have had to
make your 'backup' copies BEFORE installing it for the first time.
Silly buggers designed those disks so that the first install disk is
altered during the install so that it can't be reused except on the
original machine it was installed on. Mind you, there may have been
some industrious hacker that has figured another way around that by
now...

Not true! I had factory Win95 floppies for years, and used them on
several computers until moving up to later versions. Came as a series of
33 1.67MB floppies, which were copyable, if you formatted your disks for
1.67 MB size. I'd have sent them to the original poster, but gave them
away not two weeks earlier.

Ed