Old March 31st 04, 01:44 AM

On 30 Mar 2004 10:37:47 GMT, No Spam wrote:

1904 is the cut off for some folks idea of "antique". It's not
mine. I believe that my SX-101A is an antique and I don't care what
furniture people think or say. Furniture folk do not own the
English language or the legal system. They definitely do not have
the final say.

At best all they can do is state, "in some circles, by convention, a
piece of furniture is not considered an antique until it is 100
years old." They should add, "This has no legal standing or
general agreement, although some folk might like to imagine it
does."

Actually, in many circles, antique means specifically "made
before the beginning of the industrial revolution", not a specific
number of years old.