Old December 5th 04, 05:20 PM
Bob Miller

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:27:38 GMT, (Edmund H.
Ramm) wrote:

In "Bob P" writes:

Anyone know of any outfits selling open wire line?
[...]

W7FG for one.
www.w7fg.com

Just beware of the stuff called "Wireman". It's no better than
twinlead, i.e. susceptible to weather and dirt. For more detailed
information you might want to read N7WS' article "Balanced Trans-
mission Lines in Current Amateur Radio Practice".

73, Eddi ._._.

There is no stuff called "Wireman". There is a supplier of ham radio
antenna supplies called "The Wireman". I get most of my antenna
materials from him lately, and they're pretty good, including the
ladderline he sells. Specifically, what's the problem?

The open wire line from w7fg, by the way, is well made. I have a hank
of it, aand no complaints.

bob
k5qwg