Old April 18th 04, 12:14 AM
Larry

mike wrote:

Murray neece wrote:

What do I need to do to paralled two 35's for use with a small solid
state

You need to find a way to make them share the load. If you just hook
'em up, it's likely that one will be in current limit at a current that
exceeds the long-term capability of the supply, while the other one
will be loafing...at least until the first one burns up. If it burns
up shorted, poof goes your amp. YMMV.
mike

What?

Look, you can parallel them and they will work just fine, BUT!
You will have to isolate the positive terminal on each of them
with a high current diode. If you don't you will blow out the
723 IC on the circuit board inside the Astron.

Another way is to make sure that both supplies are turned on
before you hook them up to each other.

You're not going to damage anything else but it's a
hassle to replace that IC if it is soldered in. I put a socket
in mine. I found this out also when I needed to charge my car
battery. Don't hook it up to the battery unless the Astron
is already switched on.

I have done this with a solid state amp and it works
fine.