Old December 6th 04, 06:23 PM
Me

In article ,
Dave Bushong wrote:

That is actually not quite true. On an HT, the transmission line ends
somewhere inside the radio. The SMA/BNC connector is part of the
antenna proper. If you add a sleeve (as the previous poster, "dixon",
says), you will be changing the antenna itself. ASCII schematic follows:

befo

I have been in the communications field for 35 years, and I have NEVER
seen a SMA/BNC antenna connector on a Handheld Radio that didn't
have a the RF Ground connected to the ground side of the connector.
there are some that use different antenna connectors than SMA/TNC?BNC
that are singleended but I have never seen one used that way.
CFR (Call for Rference) Tell us all which radios your talking about.
Make, Model, Version.

Me