Old December 7th 04, 03:38 PM

John
I read that link with great interest. Some years back I saw an article
where twinlead was constructed out of coaxial cable for the purpose of
running it through environments that would be bad news for normal
twinlead. I thought it was rather stupid because the loss on such a
line would defeat the whole purpose of using twinlead. However, for my
purposes where I just need a couple of feet or less to be in close
contact with other cableing, this might work. The question is, why
then are remote baluns promoted as the solution to this common problem?
And, is the coax twinlead and a balnaced tuner a better choice than a
short lenght of very low loss coax, a good current balun, and a T
match?
I am not trying to be difficult, I just want to set this up as
efficinetly as possible. This might actually be the key! I just need
to know if I should go with a short section of coaxial twinlead and a
balanced tuner...or leave well enough alone.
Great info!
Thanks!