Old December 8th 04, 12:13 AM
Irv Finkleman

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Most people wouldn't notice if a few dB of loss come and go, unless it's
very abrupt. (And even then, it might not be noticed except under
unusual or very low-signal conditions.) Ionospheric conditions cause
much greater changes. Unless we have a solid reference antenna for
comparison, there's no way most of us would ever know if a few dB of
loss was coming and going. And, most people wouldn't care anyway.

When we pigeonhole antennas into the binary categories of "works" and
"doesn't work", there's a lot of room for slop in where the dividing
line is drawn.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I agree Roy. I'm the stick it up in the air and if I work lots of stations
and hear things most of the other local stations can't then I'm a happy camper.

I'll settle for all the space between 'works' and 'doesn't work' -- much
less stress and lots more fun. I guess thats why they say 'Ignorance is
Bliss' or 'What they don't know won't hurt them'

73

--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001