Old May 21st 04, 04:29 PM
LW

TUFF (John Goller, k9uwa) wrote ...

We really didn't do too bad... $59 a night at I-70 and Main Street

We were at the Best Western Executive at Needmore Rd and I-75. 3
nights for $172 total price including all taxes. Had to pre-pay
months in advancee to get that price. Looks scruffy from the road but
clean inside and the neighborhood was quite - despite appearances that
it might be otherwise.

Fri night the palce was about empty. Parking lot less than 10 percent
full. Sat night it got discovered - the parking lot was about 70-80
percent full. Walk-ins were getting rooms.

Too bad about the decline in vendors and flea marketers. We'd think
that DARA would catcha a clue and, as another poster suggested, do
some marketing.

And the loss of short term parking for pick up of heavy items is a
nuisance. Friend of mine had his car towed - $75 to get it back. He
went to the hamfest office to see if they could help - they shrugged
and said "too bad".

If it keeps deteroiorating like this, hams will someday be all too
glad to see Hara bulldozed to make way for condos.