Old December 9th 04, 01:35 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Hank

Since your doing a full gut rehab anyhow!

Here are a few ideas that we often do during upscale renovations.
The cost is negligible before the walls go up.
In the den, we run a 3/4 PVC conduit from a pull box in the den, both
upwards to the attic and downwards to the basement for future unknown
technological advances. We sometimes do the same thing in the master
bedroom.
All homes are daisy chain wired to every room with two 4 wire
telephone and two 6 wire shielded cable each in their respective
pullboxes, plus from the central utility area two 75 ohm coax are run
to a pullbox in each room.
In addition to the AC electric, from the utility area we often install
low voltage DC wiring to bathrooms, bedrooms, hallways, etc. for
emergency lighting. And on rare occasions piping for oxygen to master
bedroom, kitchen and den.
And the security service wiring to doors and windows.
And the zone controls for HVAC, etc.
If you intend on having a hobby room, it's nice to have it vented and
plumbed as a wet bar as well.
Now, if your a HAM!
Don't forget the SHACK, hi hi, it should have the very BEST of all
amenities and grounded cable routes, etc.

TTUL
Gary