Old January 22nd 05, 05:53 PM
Ken Bessler

Default OK, now THIS is wierd.....

My HF rig was damaged earlier this month. I replaced
it (Yaesu FT-840) with a new FT-857D and all is working
fine but I'm getting wierd results from my antennas.

I have 2 HF antennas - a coax fed 160/80 trap dipole (uses
3-1/2" dia coax traps) and a shortened Van Gorden
"All Bander".

On all three bands with the new rig I'm getting about 1/3rd
more bandwidth between the 2:1 SWR points. The SWR
meter hasn't changed and the feedlines and antennas are the
same - only the transciever has changed. Power is as before
- 100 watts.

What could be causing this? The only thing I could think of
is that my old rig was "dirty" and the harmonics were adding
to the SWR.

--
73's es gd dx de Ken KG0WX
Grid EM17ip, Flying Pigs #1055,