Old January 22nd 05, 06:55 PM
Bob Haberkost

"Richard Fry" wrote in message ...
"Ron Hardin" wrote
Why, like clockwork, does WFAN 660 NYC, received 500 miles west in
Central Ohio, fade away at (nowadays) 6am and later come back
strong for another hour? They're strong again like a local at
almost 7am now, for instance.

Not just a random once-in-a-while thing, but regularly.

Could be interference between skywaves reflecting off different layers,
and/or with different numbers of "hops."

I'd be inclined to think that it's the F1 layer reforming, since the sun's already up
east of Ohio, and before the E-layer reforms, considering how low the sun angle is
right now. I'd expect a lot of fading with your first suggestion, but not an
outright "fade away". I think you'll also find that AM radio rarely will skip more
than once before it becomes unusable.
If there's nothing that offends you in your community, then you know you're not
living in a free society.
Kim Campbell - ex-Prime Minister of Canada - 2004
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-