Old December 9th 04, 08:20 PM
w9gb

"Allodoxaphobia" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:18:40 GMT, w9gb hath writ:
"Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr." wrote in
message

I second the comment daisy chaining telco wiring.
Several months ago I did a self-install of DSL here. And, from past
'projects' putting in 'extra' phones in various rooms, I knew the
hay-wire daisy chain scheme I had (circa. 1977) -- going all 'round
the attic -- thence to the finished basement and snaking through the
stud walls there. What I ended up doing was installing my own NIB
(Network Interface Box) just downstream from the telco NIB. There I
installed a DSL filter on the daisy chain line headed for attic.
Ahead of the DSL filter I installed a new line and pulled it into
the home office. Not a lick of trouble with DSL since day 1.

[snip]
HTH
Jonesy
--

Yes, one DSL filter at the "head-end" or entrance panel can address all of
the distribution issues with DSL. In fact, I prefer to keep the DSL modem

I live the Leviton system, but have used others, as well as the original
plywood backer board and 66-block / 110 block installations

Leviton has a very good book (Adobe Acrobat that anyone can download) that
should be required reading for the planning stages. It's normally $ 10 BUT
the downloadable Acrobat copy is FREE
Covers ALL of the diagrams and techniques the are compatible with the
EIA/TIA standards.
This is a MUST for your local building contractor or DIY installer.
http://www.levitonvoicedata.com/learning/wiring.asp

Wiring Strategies Installation Guide (its a 2 Mb file)
http://www.levitonvoicedata.com/lear...strategies.pdf

w9gb