Old December 9th 04, 08:26 PM
w9gb

"Hank" wrote in message
Hello,
I hope I'm in the right newsgroup..........

I am totally remodeling my house.
The walls are gutted down to the studs.
I want to run any and all appropriate wires and cables before the drywall
goes up.
I want to receive UHF and VHF TV signals for my TV.
Most people now get their signals via cable or satellite.
I would be happy with just six channels or so.
Thanks,

Hank

The difference between RG-6 and RG-59 coaxial cable

What's the difference between RG-6 and RG-59 Cable?

RG-6 and RG-59 are two types of coaxial cables that can be used with F-type
connectors for the distribution of RF signals for cable TV (CATV) and
satellite (broadband), and BNC connectors for closed-circuit environments
and data transmission (baseband).

RG-59 is a lower grade of coaxial cable, consisting of a small center
conductor, a small insulating dielectric, and typically, a single outer
shield. It delivers acceptable performance for all of the above-mentioned
applications.

RG-6, on the other hand, has a larger center conductor, a dual or quad
shield, and a much larger insulating dielectric, thus ensuring more
bandwidth and a lower frequency loss per foot. It delivers exceptional
performance for the above-mentioned applications, and is considered the
cable of choice for digital TV.