Old June 9th 04, 03:15 PM
Lou

Default OT - Garage Door Openers troubleshooting?

Anyone do this sort of work or have a pretty vast knowledge of brands and
compatibility?

Someone here in town has installed a Garage Door opener. He presented me
with the following two devices when asking the question or more so
presenting me with the problem.

Wards Magikey Model 702. There is a freq and a code listed on the unit.
Sears Model #139.53718. FCC ID # HBW3CQ53718

I'm not real clear on their installation - but they're telling me that the
Sears unit (remote) isn't working to open the door. Also the "Garage Keypad"
isn't working either (Sears brand - presumably the mate to the remote) but
the button inside the garage does work to raise and lower the garage door.
He is thinking the remote and key pad need set to work with the motor
assembly. I've never laid eyes on it, so I have no clue. IF anyone has any
info on either or both of these units, please let me know. Also, if you can
lead me - more so "him" in the right direction to get him straightened out,
that would be nice. "I" don't fool with openers so, I admit, I'm clueless
here.

Actually, I have a suspicion, he may be trying to piece together a couple
different systems as evidenced above - and though he swears the Keypad and
remote are Sears, "I" am thinking they may be of different models and not
compatible. "I" do not know nor did he say, what brand or model the motor
was for the opener. Not sure why he didn't go and buy "A" new unit -
complete. I suppose he is trying to save a few bucks, but I have a feeling
in the end he may screw around and waste more time and have more aggravation
than it is worth.

He nor I (certainly) have no paperwork on these two devices. If anyone does,
we'd appreciate any help. Please reply directly.

Thanks in advance.

Lou